Student Research Conference
Accessing the Conference
We have a powerful Zoom license so everyone will be on the same Zoom link. Once you enter the link, you’ll be able to see the list of breakout sessions and choose which one to enter (yes, this is a special setting). The list of breakout rooms will match the names on the SRC session schedule.
BYU Student Research Conference
Time: Saturday, February 27 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Zoom Link: byu.zoom.us/j/93910104758?pwd=cGNKV1lqakFGNGF3RmhHc3kraG1FQT09
Zoom Meeting ID: 939 1010 4758
Zoom Passcode: 935060
- 7:00 AM – Zoom link is open. Students are welcome to join and test out screen sharing.
- 8:00 AM – Welcome and instructions for the conference in the main Zoom room
- 8:15 AM – “A” Sessions begin (see session schedule for your breakout room name)
- 10:15 AM – Break
- instructions for those just joining the conference in the main Zoom room
- 10:30 AM – “B” Sessions begin (see session schedule for your breakout room name)
- 12:30 PM – Sessions conclude.
- 12:30 PM – Students move to the main Zoom room to hear who won the raffle prizes (must be present to win) and to hear the announcements of the session winners.
What is the Student Research Conference?
The Student Research Conference (SRC) is an annual event sponsored by the College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences (CPMS) that gives both graduate and undergraduate students the opportunity to present their research in a professional conference setting. The fair will be virtual this year with students giving presentations live on Zoom.
Students who have participated in past conferences cite the SRC as a valuable experience that augmented their BYU education and helped to better prepare them for graduate school and/or industry. There will be around 600 students presenting at the 2021 SRC. Each session (approximately 80) will have a session winner who will receive $100. Conference participants (presenters and student attendees) will also have the chance to win door prizes valued at $1,500+.
BYU Student Research Conference 2021
Abstracts for the Student Research Conference will be accepted until February 12, 2021 and may be submitted here. The conference schedule will be posted after the abstract deadline submission date at SRC Presenter’s Schedule. The 2021 Student Research Conference will be held on Saturday, February 27, 2021, beginning at 8:00 a.m. on Zoom. Presentations will be given live. For additional information on the conference, please contact Kimberly Jenkins in the CPMS Dean’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801.422.4022.
Students may contact their department coordinators for details on presenting at the conference: